Are you headed to a photoshoot soon and feeling a little anxious? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. A lot of people feel nervous in front of the camera. But with a few tips from the pros, you can make the most of your photoshoot and walk away with some great photos! Here are 12 tips to get ready for your next headshot session.
1. Do your research. Look online for examples of headshots that you like and that represent the look you’re going for.
2. Practice in front of a mirror. You want to make sure that you’re comfortable with how you look and how you’ll be photographed.
3. Come prepared with questions for your photographer. This will help ensure that you get the shots you want.
4. Dress appropriately for the shoot. Dress to impress, but also keep in mind that comfort is key!
5. Avoid busy patterns or loud colors. They can be distracting in photos. Stick to solid colors or simple prints instead.
6. Bring multiple outfits to change into. Changing into multiple outfits during your photoshoot will help give you a variety of options to choose from so you can find that perfect look!
7. Bring along props if you’d like (eccentric glasses, a favorite book, etc.). They can help add personality to your shots.
8. Pay attention to your hair and makeup. Make sure you know what works best for you, as hair and makeup can really make the headshot!
9. Hold your head up high. Proper posture can make you look more confident in your photos.
10. Get plenty of rest the night before. You should try to get 7 hours of sleep the night before so you not only feel better, but you look better too.
11. Stay hydrated during your headshot photoshoot. Staying hydrated is key to making you look more awake and staying energized
12. Relax and have fun during your headshot photoshoot. Nerves are normal, but having fun during the shoot can help capture your personality on camera!
If you’re looking to update your professional headshots, we recommend hiring a professional photographer. Alimond Studio is a great place to start. We have years of experience capturing stunning headshots that will help you look your best. Our team will work with you to ensure that you get the shots you want and walk away feeling confident about your new photos. Contact us today to schedule your session!