Are you heading in for a professional headshot session? Whether it’s for your Linkedin profile, or you’re angling to be the next face of a major brand, there are certain things you can do to make sure your makeup looks great in your photos. Here are nine tips to help you look your best!
1. Foundation – use a matte foundation to minimize shine and help your makeup last longer
2. Concealer – use a concealer that matches your skin tone to cover up any blemishes or dark circles
3. Powder – dust with translucent powder to avoid any shine
4. Blush – go for a soft pink blush that will give you a natural glow
5. Eyeshadow – stick to neutral shades like beige, taupe, and light brown; avoid dark colors that will look too harsh in photos
6. Eyeliner and mascara – keep your eyeliner thin and tight-lined, and apply two coats of mascara for extra volume
7. Brows – fill in your brows with a pencil or powder to give them definition and frame your face
8. Lips – choose a nude or light pink lipstick to keep your look natural
9. Setting spray – lock in your makeup with a setting spray to prevent it from melting or smudging in the heat
These tips should help you get started thinking about how to make sure your makeup looks great in photos. If you want to make sure your makeup is perfect for your headshot session, we can help! At Alimond Studio, not only will we provide you with great headshots, but we offer professional makeup services that will ensure you look your best in front of the camera. Contact us today to learn more!