Author headshot photos have become a necessary element of the professional game. Crafting an impactful and memorable author photo can help authors stand out in today’s competitive market, more than ever! Whether you’re new to having your picture taken professionally or are just looking for ways to refine your existing headshots, these five tips will give you insight into how to create stunning author photography that captures your unique brand.
1. Lighting is key – make sure your headshot photographer uses natural light whenever possible
2. Wear something flattering and that represents your personal style
3. Be aware of your facial expressions and try to relax and look natural
4. Bring a few different outfits in case the photographer wants to take some test shots
5. Make sure your hair is styled nicely and that you have no stray hairs sticking out
As an author, your personal brand is hugely important in helping you sell books and build a platform. Having great photographs that capture your unique style is essential in today’s online world. By following these tips, you can be sure that your next headshot session will result in stunning photos that represent you perfectly. And when it comes to finding the right photographer, look no further than Alimond Studio! Our experienced team will work with you to ensure that every detail is perfect, from lighting to wardrobe to facial expressions. Contact us today to book your session!